Originally posted on Donna Bella Designs:
Over the past several weeks, I have come across many articles about how the millennial generation has had an unexpectedly profound impact on the business world, and that they are apparently going to remain relevant to the success of a number of companies and brands for the foreseeable future.
First, who is considered to be a “Millennial?” Also referred to as “Generation Y,” the millennial generation is broadly described as being inclusive of Americans born between 1982 and 2000. They are considered to be the first generation to mature into adulthood as we entered the new millennium in 2000, hence the “Millennial” label. Estimates have declared the Millennial population to be 80 million strong. To put that number into perspective, that is one in four U.S. residents. By comparison, the preceding generation, Generation X, has a population a full 20 percent smaller in size than the Millennials.
Huge population aside…
View original 1,210 more words
Originally posted on ellieblogslife:
2) It’s almost the end of the school year and I’m stressed. Having my parents come down for the weekend made me want to go home even more– and I can’t. Schoolwork, job applications, signing leases for the summer, more schoolwork, worrying that you won’t be able to find a job, filling out more job applications… etc. etc. It’s been a mess and I barely feel like I have anything in order.
3) There needs to be a more efficient way to fill out job applications. Why am I answering the same question 20 times in one form?
“Do you think you get along well with others?”
“Do other people get along with you?”
“Do your friends think you are cooperative?”
“Do your dogs/cats/birds think you are easy to get along…
View original 134 more words
Originally posted on the coc socialite:
It took years for me to make my mind up. Some people are much older than me and they still haven’t figured it out yet. If you find yourself struggling with finding your potential career, I suggest that you listen to God. God has given you a special talent if not several special talents. Use those strengths to put yourself in the position to find…
View original 162 more words
Originally posted on The Last Of The Millenniums:
‘According to the Times-Picayune, “no abortion providers or mental health professionals that recommend abortions would be allowed on the panel.”
‘Louisiana lawmakers are currently advancing a measure that would require women to receive biased information about the mental health risks of abortion before being allowed to continue with the procedure’.
‘Under House Bill 1262, which passed the Louisiana House of Representatives on Monday, abortion providers would be required to distribute a pamphlet that includes information about the “alleged psychological effects of abortion,” and lists names of mental health resources for women who are seeking assistance’.
‘Patients would be required to sign a form confirming that they received the pamphlet, and then wait at least 24 hours before returning for abortion care’.
‘HB 1262 stipulates that the new abortion-related pamphlet will be created by a 14-member task force that includes’ : S
“And people who counsel women…
View original 7 more words
Originally posted on johnhourihan:
This is the real Republican strategy.
“If you believe the earth isn’t warming, the government is your enemy, Democrats are demons, the president is the devil and was born in Kenya; if you believe the president never says the words “under God” when he says the pledge of allegiance, if you believe we shouldn’t help countries who are worse off than we are, if you believe everyone can get a job if they just get off their lazy asses and get one, If you believe your taxes fully pay for everything you use that was built by the government, if you believe Obamacare was devised to screw the poor and working class, If you believe in death panels and forced government inspections, If you believe only certain black people and college kids should be allowed…
View original 143 more words
Originally posted on Armory of the Revolution:
So, you think there’s no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans?
You feel all politicians are corrupt, self-serving, liars?
That is exactly how our Conservative enemies want you to think and feel.
It is how they have become so powerful: By convincing people that there is no point in fighting back.
But all social change came about by people voting or rebelling.
To do neither is to surrender.
Originally posted on 103.7 KVIL:
Originally posted on Andrew Ve Hansen:
Why is sexuality still such a big deal? How on earth does my homosexuality affect your life? Why do people get so heated up about this topic? It really doesn’t matter, people! Live and let live. I understand people give religious and cultural reasons for being against any kind of sexuality other than hetero. But why?
View original 525 more words
Originally posted on Brittany Lauren Writes:
My mom posted this blog on my Facebook for my 27th birthday so I thought I’d make a list of my own.
1. Don’t waste your time with people who are not contributing to your life in a positive way. Even family members.
2. Never write people off completely. People can change. BUT
3. Be careful who you trust. Don’t be too quick or you could get hurt.
4. There’s a reason those little warning labels that tell you not to steam your clothes while they’re on your body are there. I am that reason.
5. Your parents are pretty smart people. They know what they’re talking about a lot of the time. If they tell you the guy you’re seeing isn’t good for you, they’re probably right so maybe don’t waste two and a half years of your life with them. Except when it comes to computers. Never listen to…
View original 390 more words